The zero 5 is one of the trendy flagship device released via hong kong primarily based cellular smartphone brand infinix. This device runs on mediatek mt6757 chipset and android 7.0 out of the BOX custom designed with xos 3.0.
Freedom of customization is one super component about android OS. The same old trap to have full access to do this is to root the device in an effort to have wonderful user permission. The steps under will show you how to install twrp recovery then root this device with 100% achievement.
All Files will be wiped on device make sure you backup your important files (contacts, sms, pictures, etc)
I am not responsible for whatever happens to your device after following this writeup
Use at your own risk!
What You Need To Root Zero 5 / Zero 5 Pro
- Sp flash tool (Download)
- Download and install adb + fastboot package + drivers Here
- Vocum driver (download the MediaTek VCOM drivers here)
- Download simple bootloader unlocked Here
- Download Infinix X603 Scatter file + TWRP recovery Here
- Download Lazyflasher Here
- Download SuperSu.zip Here
How To Root Infinix Zero 5 / Zero 5 Pro
- Unlock Bootloader of device (note unlocking bootloader will erase device)
– Goto Settings > About phone and tap Build number 7 times to enable developers option
– Now enter Developers Option inside Settings and enable USB debugging mode & OEM Unlocking
– Connect your device to PC and select always allow usb debugging
– Launch simple bootloader unlock tool.exe
– Your device will reboot, Just follow the the prompts on your phone screen to unlock bootloader. Once your bootloader is unlocked successfully, turn off device.
- Flashing TWRP recovery
– Launch SP Flash Tool.
– Click on Scatter loading button and select scatter file of infinix X603 you downloaded.
– Click Download button and connect phone to PC with usb.
– When you see green circle with tick, it means twrp recovery has been flash successfully.
– Disconnect device.
- Removing Encryption password and rooting device
– Copy Lazyflasher.zip and SuperSu.zip into SDcard and insert into phone
– Boot phone while holding volume up button.
– Phone will boot into TWRP recovery and ask for password due to boot encryption
– Cancel and swipe the arrow to modify system
– Select globe icon and change language to English
– Select Install from menu
– Navigate to SDcard and flash lasyflasher.zip to remove encryption password.
– Now goto Wipe and select format data to erase all data on internal storage
– When wipe is complete, reboot device to recovery again and flash SuperSu.zip to root your device.
You can check if you your device is properly rooted using root checker
Thats all you can now enjoy all the privileges of a rooted device