Every year, there is an addition to the smartphone be it hardware or software to make it extra green and beneficial. One such addition is the fingerprint scanner.
Top smartphone manufacturers are now more conscious than ever of what their clients need and understanding that security is one of the top-maximum concerns as all personal information is in the phone, they have started out providing a fingerprint sensor in a number of their smartphones. You normally use it to unlock your phone but did you already know that it could be configured for other functions as properly?
Unlocking is not the most effective component a fingerprint sensor can do. It is made to apply for special purpose, inclusive of sliding notifications, taking pictures and other functionalities. Today, we are going to see on how to captured a picture using the fingerprint scanner.
To take selfie/photographs using fingerprint scanner on android phone
1. You will have to install an app, called dubbed dactyl – fingerprint digicam from the play store. The app is available in a free trial, which offers 10 usages, after which you will have to buy the full version (560.00 NGN or 1.99 USD) of the app.
3. The main page of the app indicates you the diverse camera apps it supports along with a button to “open settings page” to present it accessibility permissions.
4. You may scroll down to see the digital camera apps which are supported via dactyl and you may even tap at the “unsupported apps” button to look the apps no longer supported through the fingerprint camera app. You may also request the developer to help your favourite camera app through the “request new app” button.
5. After you have got given the app permissions, you may open the camera app on your device and also you need to see a message announcing “dactyl service running“.
6. Then, you may just place your finger at the fingerprint sensor, like you do to unlocked your phone, to capture a picture.
The dactyl fingerprint digital camera app works quite properly and it definitely comes in accessible while you’re taking a selfie, mainly while the fingerprint scanner is positioned on the lower back of your android smartphone.